Sunday, November 6, 2011

Quiet Time Totes

My toddler goes through days, even a week here and there where she refuses to nap.  Since my baby typically naps around the same time in the afternoon.  I needed a quiet activity and I also wanted to make sure M stayed in her room. 

If she is refusing to nap.  I lay a blanket on the floor and let her pick a tote to play with.  Sometimes, she picks two.  I tell her she needs to stay in her room for quiet time and play with what is in the totes.  It is a work in progress, of course.  She is 28 months old.  So, not yet 2 & 1/2.  I just try to remain consistent with everything we do. 
Thanks again to pintrest I discovered the world of quiet time totes.  I find that people typically label them by day.  I chose not to do that.  M can pick the tote she wants to play with that day.  I think that works best for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment