Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DIY - Pipe cleaner Fairies & Milk Carton cottage

These fairies are so super easy to make. 
I think they only took about 10 minutes to put together
.  I had all the supplies in the house except for the wooden beads. 

These fairies were inspired by  Wicked Crafty's post.  However, I skipped step #6.


Supplies needed for fairies:
felt (any color for dress & wings)
 *I used stiff felt for the wings
wooden beads
pipe cleaners for the body
embroidery string in any color for hair
ribbon
flower
hot glue gun
scissors


Step 1 - fold pipe cleaner in half & place bead over the top.
Step 2 - Cut the embroidery string and put through pipe cleaner.
 Step 3 - pull pipe cleaner into bead a little.
Step 4 - Shape the remainder of the pipe cleaner into a body.
*I twisted the middle of the body to keep it more together once it was formed*
 Step 5 - fold the felt in half.  Place the template of the dress at the fold.
 Step 6 - Trace, cut & cut a small hole in the top to put over the head.
Step 7 - hot glue gun the sides of the dress and under the arms.
*I also hot glued the bead to the pipe cleaner so it couldn't be pulled off by tiny fingers*
 Step 8 - Make your wings
 Step 9 - glue the wings to the back
 Step 10 - hot glue the petals around the waist on both sides

Step 11- Tie a ribbon around the waist & tie a bow
*I wrapped the ribbon around the waste a couple of times before I tied it in the back*


Milk carton fairy cottage!
So easy to make! 
Just use your imagination!

Plastic milk cartons are really easy to cut through. 
I just make sure there are no sharp edges left.

I hot glued all the embellishments to the milk carton. 
I used puffy paint for the writing, etc.











2 comments:

  1. Hello. fantastic job. I did not anticipate this. This is a impressive story. Thanks!
    Klein 5152S Oval Bucket with 41 Pockets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers
    Bogs Women's Classic Mid Tuscany Rain Boot

    ReplyDelete