Friday, August 17, 2012

Dr. Seuss Mini-Unit

We worked on our Dr. Seuss Unit for a couple of weeks.  This unit took me about that long to put together.  The summer has been keeping us busy so it is taking me a lot longer to get things together, printed, laminate, etc.

I am so happy to finish this unit. Both girls really like Dr. Seuss books and shows.  I am happy all of our Dr. Seuss stuff is in one place! 

I didn't have time to put the link by each picture.  But, here are the direct links to the sites I used for the worksheets/Tot Pack pages below. 




 Size Sequencing 

Junebug got a Dr. Seuss themed Memory/Matching game for her birthday. 

 I found a package of Cat in the Hat lacing cards at our secondhand store.
 I got this foam notebook at Michael's on clearance.
 It came with a bunch of Dr. Seuss themed stickers.  So, it is now a sticker book.
 Watching Green Eggs and Ham on youtube.  
 I found these silly band bracelets in the $1 bins at Target. 
 Lorax - Size Sequencing 
 Lorax is in a shape

 Writing Practice
Click here to get the Cat in the Hat template from PBS Kids
 Yep, all these books fit in the bin too!
 I found these just this week in the Target $1 bins!

I found these stickers on clearance at Michael's
 I found this package of lacing cards at our second hand store.  It was never opened! Win! 
 I made this Cat in the Hat finger puppet from pipe cleaners!
Craft Stick Puzzle
 I made little pockets for all of the activity pieces by cutting envelopes in half.  
I glued them inside a folder.
 Worksheet to go along with The Foot Book
 I love this Hat matching game.
Click here to get the template
Everything fits into a tote for storage! 
We also had a Lorax movie night with special treats! 




No comments:

Post a Comment