Monday, September 10, 2012

A Peek Inside Our Homeschool Space

I set up our homeschool space in the room we call our piano room. My girls are currently in separate bedrooms and we need our guest room for company since we live out of state from our families. Once Snowflake is ready for her toddler bed we are going to have the girls share a room. Snowflakes room will become the school room. But, for now, I am working with the space available.

It is actually perfect for us right now. It may seem silly to some that I would be so concerned about schooling with my girls being so young. But, I want them to be used to our system.

What's on this board? 
1) Manners Card - I found a pack of these "manners cards" at Michael's on clearance. Each week I will   
    change it. 
2) Today, Tomorrow, Yesterday - from Confessions of a Homeschooler 
3)Our "Letter of the Week" 
4) Bible Verse for each letter 
    b) Confessions of a Homeschooler

Our music area


I don't sit at this desk.  I just keep all my files here and laminator.
So, under the chair is the box that holds all the Letter of the Week files and Holiday files.
 Every letter and holiday has a file.  I keep all of the worksheets and activities we will do in each one.

I call these "busy boxes"
Plus, they hold a bunch of our activities by theme.
I will make a separate post to show you what I keep in the boxes. 
There is a closet in our foyer that I turned into our school supply closet.  
I was going to organize the supplies so it looked neater.  But, honestly, it never stays that way, lol! 
I got this organizer at Tuesday Morning.  I always see them there.
I love being able to see everything I need quickly. 

This is a shoe rack.  It was in Junebugs closet taking up space. 
It fit perfectly in the closet.  So, it holds more of our supplies. 
I love it! 

3 comments:

  1. Love your little classroom. Looks like a great environment.

    Julie @ Naptime Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an incredible insight into the outstanding job you're doing as a homeschooling mom. You are obviously a very dedicated teacher and mom. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate them!

      Delete