Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cardboard Box Car


We went to Costco Saturday morning and came with this really awesome, sturdy box.
I wish I could take credit for coming up with the idea first.  But, it was actually Snowflake.
While my husband was bringing in the groceries. 
 Snowflake emptied the groceries out of this box and sat in it.

Then it hit me how perfect it would be for a pretend car!
 This was a two-day project.

Day #1
First day we paint, painted and painted. 


 When the box was covered with paint.  We stamped
 The girls and the floor were a mess when we were done.
But, totally worth it!

I put it on the deck to dry.

Day #2

I think my hubby was feeling left out so he volunteered to 
put the "wheels. steering wheel and lights" on.
 We used a fastener for the wheel.  I didn't think it was going to stay on, but now 5 days later the steering wheel is still going strong!
 The wheels were hot glued on.
 Cupcake liners for the head lights.  Cute right?  Hubby's idea :)

 They are having a blast taking trips to the "beach".  


No comments:

Post a Comment