Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Color Sorting Activity with Paper Towel Rolls

I have been saving the lids to our fruit and veggie packs FOREVER!  We have a gallon sized bag full.
I swore we would start using them for activities.  So, this is our first activity!

Color Sorting and Matching Drop!

 First, the girls painted white coffee cups we had in the basement.
But, you can just label a cup with the color if you don't have anything to paint.
Plus, you can paint the tubes.


 Our bin of caps :) 

 I put our rolls on another piece of cardboard because I wasn't sure where we were going to put it.
But, I could have just taped them to the island.  

I didn't label the rolls to make it more challenging. They had to match the tube with the color underneath.
A variation of this would be to color the tubes and do an easier color sorting activity. 




3 comments:

  1. Why have I never thought to keep those squeeze-y food caps?! Easy and fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I have a Saturday linky on my blog and would love to have you participate and share some of your ideas. Thanks!
    http://teachbesideme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Karyn! I will stop by and link up!

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete