Tuesday, September 8, 2015

EASY Family Command Center

I started planning out our command center a couple of months ago.  My oldest is in 1st grade this year.  After not being as organized as I would have liked last school year I knew I really wanted to set up a command center.  

To get organized I made a list of what I wanted in order to make my life easier.  Then I made a sketch of how I wanted it on our wall. Once I had a plan I went shopping (with the drawing in hand).
I started at Ikea and then off to Home Goods.

Tip: To plan a command center I suggest making a list of things 
you would like to help you stay organized.
I knew I definitely wanted calendars and folders.




 I found the clock at Home Goods for $14.99
The personalized sign is from etsy.
 From Ikea I got the wall organizer below with the containers.
I filled them with #2 pencils, pens, dry erase markers, highlighters and chore chart magnets.

The chore charts are inexpensive and can be found here on etsy:

 I found the hanging folders at Home Goods.  They have a variety to choose from.  
Now each of my children have their own bin that is easily accessible.  
I put everything from their book bags in it.  Then I can sort through it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment